Wednesday, September 2, 2009
DreamGear Audio Box with AM/FM Tuner & MP3 Connection
Got some updated prices? Click here and update them!
|title = Discovery Channel Kids Power Plastic Welder |subtitle = If I Had a Welder |price = $14.99 |condition = New|product =
Being a parent is not always easy. (Not to be confused with being apparent, which usually is.) You'll ask yourself profound questions sometimes--questions about life, and duty, and love, and sacrifice. There are not always answers to these questions. But there is a pretty good answer to this one:
How can my son or daughter learn the basic principles of welding without blowing up the garage or burning down the backyard?
Like the suction-cup bow-and-arrow before it, the Discovery Channel Kids Power Plastic Welder takes an activity that's almost irresistible to children but nonetheless too dangerous for most of them, and gives it training wheels. Its spinning plastic welding rod really does fuse plastic pieces together! But it's only friction that melts the rod at relatively low temperature, so the chances of a large-scale industrial disaster are pretty slim.
Obviously we've got an incentive to say so, but we still mean it when we tell you this toy is really fun. Our product tester--who is old enough to be four children of the minimum recommended age for this item--enjoyed it so much we had to literally pry it away from him!
Well, partly that's because he enjoyed it so much, and partly it's because he accidentally welded it to the strap of his wristwatch.
<img src="http://sale.images.woot.com/warning-chokinghazzard.png" alt="" />
Warranty: <a href="http://www.woot.com/user/warrantyinfo.htm" target="_blank">90 Day Woot Limited Warranty </a>
Recommended Age: 8+
- Welding rod spins and creates friction, which generates heat and the plastic rod melts and welds the components together
- Learn the basics of welding, use Spot/Tack and Seam welds to finish the projects
- Decide where to place welds, and learn how to make the best welds
- Projects include Future Car, Tech Jet and Robotic Dinosaur
- Projects snap apart so you can build them again and again
- Mix up the parts and build customized creations
- Operates on 4 D cell batteries (Not included)
- Adult supervision required
- Protective eye gear recommended
In the box:
- Motorized Welding Machine
- 50 Welding Rods
- 3 Projects
- Instruction Manual
|thumbimg = |standardimg = |detailedimg = |saleid = 9603 |purchaseurl = http://kids.woot.com/WantOne.aspx?id=7f7f05b3-b2c3-4e99-9f0c-b6a652fd6a39 |forumurl = http://kids.woot.com/DiscussionRedirect.aspx?WootSaleId=9603 |blogurl = http://kids.woot.com |wootcasturl = |pricelinks = |reviewlinks =