Thursday, August 20, 2009
Got some updated prices? Click here and update them!
|title = Thomas the Train Talking Railway Set with Engine Recognition Technology |subtitle = Into You Like A Train |price = $49.99 |condition = New|product =
So you know this kid who's right in the awkward age. Too young for a gift certificate. Too old for a donation to the college fund. And you already gave them a giant box to crawl in last year. What could possibly be a suitable gift?
Well, maybe this Thomas the Tank Engine The Great Discovery Talking Railway Set with Engine Recognition Technology will do the job. Take a look at that gold on Thomas and Stanley. Gold magnets, gold lettering, gold top hat, that's the sign of Engine Recognition Technology. Probably has something to do with NASA, even. Engine Recognition Technology means that whenever Stanley or Thomas pass by Sir Topham Hatt, they get recognized, and get a special, personal greeting. "Thomas, you must pick up the passengers!" or "Stanley, go slow into Morgan's Mine!"
That's right, Morgan's Mine. This complete 35 piece set includes Great Waterton Station and Morgan's Mine, as well as track and a lovely little tree. It's also fully compatible with other Thomas And Friends playsets, and there are even a few non-personalized phrases for greeting engines to which Sir Topham has not yet been introduced. After all, a man in Sir Topham Hatt's position must be prepared for anything.
This realistically detailed set actually captures the thrill and wonder of the first time you saw a train with a face. But seriously, "realistically"? Was that absolutely the best adjective for the job? Because we'd personally recommend the use of "whimsically" or "imaginatively" when describing a toy based on a sentient train. This isn't comic books, you know, it doesn't always have to be "real".
Take note, clueless uncles. This Thomas the Tank Engine The Great Discovery Talking Railway Set with Engine Recognition Technology is the perfect gift to fill the gap between "Oh, they don't understand birthdays yet." and "Say, why don't I buy you your first beer?" Easy shopping for you, great fun for them. What more could anyone ask for?
Warranty: <a href="http://www.woot.com/user/warrantyinfo.htm" target="_blank">90 Day Woot Limited Warranty </a>
Recommended Age: 3 and up
- Bring the world of Thomas & Friends to life with engine recognition technology
- Includes Thomas and Stanley trains with Engine Recognition Technology
- Talking Railway Series engines unlock special personalized greetings from Sir Topham Hatt as they pass by Talking Railway Series destinations
- Hear Sir Topham Hatt utter "Thomas, you must pick up the passengers." or "Stanley, go slow into Morgan's Mine!"
- Compatible with other Thomas the Train Talking Railway engines and stations
- Inspired by the The Great Discovery DVD, Recreate the fun and adventure of The Great Discovery story with this set
- While lost in the mountains, Thomas discovers the old town of Great Waterton, the long-abandoned Morgan's Mine and even a new engine friend!
- Complete 35-piece set
- Great Waterton Station and Morgan's Mine
- Realistic details
- Also works with traditional engines by triggering non-personalized phrases
In the box:
- 27 Wooden Track Pieces
- Bridge Walkway
- Morgans Mine Interactive Destination
- Great Waterton Interactive Destination
- Wooden Tree
- Wooden Railway Worker
- Thomas the Train
- Stanley the Train
|thumbimg = |standardimg = |detailedimg = |saleid = 9528 |purchaseurl = http://kids.woot.com/WantOne.aspx?id=e164660c-3aa4-4415-9899-831b4cf20427 |forumurl = http://kids.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=3389547 |blogurl = http://kids.woot.com/Blog/ViewEntry.aspx?Id=9005 |wootcasturl = |pricelinks = |reviewlinks =